Chapter two is about how you would draft an essay. First it talks about writing out your rough draft. You need to write an introduction. This is where you will put your thesis. Next you need the body of your essay. Lastly you will write your conclusion.
When writing your thesis you want to make sure that it's not too factual, too broad, or too vague. Drafting your body is usually the easiest part of your essay and you may want to start with that first. When writing your body you need to make sure your main point support your thesis. The conclusion should remind your readers of your main points, you should never introduce new points into your conclusion. Your conclusion is used to close your essay with meaning.
I have already used this information in my writing. When we started our rough drafts for our essay. I was lost on how to write my thesis. My first thesis that I wrote was factual. After reading this I was able to come up with a thesis. It also helped me build me introduction. I read that the sentence before your thesis should be interesting so it hooks your readers. This chapter helped me alot with writing my rough draft.
No comments:
Post a Comment