Monday, August 16, 2010

Introduction Dialogue

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mattie Bartow. This is my very first year of college. I am going to school to become a Nurse. I am 24 years old and right now a stay at home mom to two wonderful kids. I have a 5 year old boy who is getting ready to start Kindergarden. I also have a 3 month old daughter. I am currently living in Roseville. We just moved here about 2 weeks ago from Rohnert Park. We are originally from Redding. My amazing boyfriend got a job in Marin County and that's what took us to the bay area. Its because of him that I am getting this opportunity to finally go to school. He is working his butt off to support our family so I can go to school and stay at home for our kids. I could not be more grateful to have such a wonderful man in my life.

Well what I am planning on learning from this class is alot. English is my worst subject. I am a horrible speller and not very good at writing essays. I am really hoping that this class will improve my writing skills. I do think I will do pretty good in this class though because I want to be here and want to learn. I like to get my work done early. I hate waiting until the last minute it stresses me out. But with 2 kids sometimes everything waits until the last minute. I am very excited to spend the next 17 weeks getting to know all of you.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Mattie,
    It's wonderful that you have such a supportive boyfriend. It should make things much easier on you! I'm sure you will do great in this class. I get very stressed out when I wait until the last minute also. Unfortunately, it happens much too often! Good luck in the class.
    :)
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mattie,

    My 5-year old is about to start Kindergarten too! She's excited; I'm the nervous one. :)

    I'm sure you are your worst critic. Wanting to be here and wanting to learn are the most important steps in your education. You're going to do great!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mattie, It's great that you get the chance to concertrate on school and still get a chance to be with your kids. My daughter is about to start kindergarten too! I don't think I've been this nervous in awhile..lol. I think you'll do great in class and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mattie, My wife is interested in nursing but she has a ways to go. We have a 3 month old girl and she has been such a blessing. I always thought I was great in english until I began learning all the nuances, which seemed to just open more cans of worms. Hopefully this class will gather all those worms back into their cans so we can go fishing! Ha just made that up..... Good Luck

    EStrang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mattie,

    I too have trouble with spelling, and grammar. But I guess that is why we are takening english. My wife just finished her online english course and it was not that bad. I know I can use help with my writing as well. good luck in class. I am sure we will write again soon.
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mattie,

    I'm glad that you have the opportunity to go to school and take care of your kids at the same time. My younger sister has a 9 month old boy and I'm sure you know what a blessing kids are but she would also like to go back to school. For her, school would have to wait just a bit longer. However, they say that "where there's a will, there's a way", and I know you'll do great in class.
    Best of my wishes for you and your family.

    Estela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mattie,
    It's awesome that your taking the opportunity to go to school and still take care of your kids. I was a nanny for a year and it was hard taking care of those children and going to school at the same time for me. Good luck in this class..im sure you'll do great!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mattie,
    I love kids, but do not have any myself. I thought I would be the only horrible speller in the class, but from the looks of it there is quite a few of us. So do you like Roseville? Where is Roseville at? I have been in Santa Rosa for a little over a year, but have only really traveled to San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Matie,
    I am totally on the same boat. English is not one of my best subjects. This is my second time taking this class. I know you'll do great. I myself dont have any kids, so i can o nly imagine how much work it can be. Your a great mom that can multi task. Hope you do well
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mattie,

    That's great that your little boy is going to start kindergarten hope he is happy. It's nice that you want to be a Nurse the medical field is a great place to work in. English is my worst subject also, but i think we will do good if we but all our effort into it. Well good lucky and enjoy the class.

    -Maura

    ReplyDelete