The main ideas for chapter 46 are: how to read text, how to outline, summarize and analyze the text. When you are reading the text you should read it actively. What this means is while you are reading use the columns to write notes. Underline and circle (in pencil so you can erase later) anything that catches your eye and intrigues you. When outlining it's to help you understand the text better. When doing the outline you need to find the thesis. A thesis is the main point of the text. To make an outline you need to put the authors thesis and key points in to your own words. To summarize the text you just take the whole of the text and break it up into a few ideas, and analyzing the text is when you write a summery of what you think of the text.
I am taking a speech class right now also. We are having to write a speech. When reading how to do this some words came up like outline, thesis and main ideas. I wasn't sure what these were or how to do this. It was really cool that I learned how in this class because it is also making it alot easier to write my speech, now that I know what a thesis is. I also think that once you know how to outline a text, it will make it alot easier to understand what you are reading. I am the kind of person that if it's not interesting to me, I will not able to take in what I am reading, so making an outline will really help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment