Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chapter 1 " The writing Process"

     The main purpose of chapter one was to discuss and teach you how to understand the writing process. Some of the main points were how to asses your writing situation,experiment with ways to explore your subject, formulate attentive theses, and then sketch a plan. This chapter goes over how to become a good writer. To become a good writer you need to become familiar with the writing styles.
     To generate ideas it's always a good idea to spend time thinking about it. Don't just jump in and write a first draft. You need to take a lot of things into consideration. Such as your subject,source of information, purpose, audience, length, reviewers and deadlines. When trying to figure out a subject there a lot of different ways to do this. For example you can do a cluster, free write, or keep a journal, just to name a few. Once you have done this you need to come up with a thesis. Then you will put everything you have come up with into an outline and start your rough draft.
     This is all very good information. I think this will be help me alot when it comes time to write our first essay. It has been several years since I've been in school and if I had not read this, I would have went strait to a rough draft. I think the outline is going to be one of the most beneficial ways for me. Now that I understand the reasons behind all the prep work to wring an essay I think my first essay will be a lot easier for me then they were in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment